Monday, April 5, 2010

A view from the window....


It was 4 o'clock in the afternoon....I was in my classroom, sitting by the window...It was an INTERIOR DESIGNING class. The teacher wanted us to design some areas that can fit into an 8x6 room. I chose a kindergarten classroom for myself. I had just started designing when suddenly my eyes fell on the view outside. The weather was fine as it had just stopped raining...The blue sky was creating perfect contrast with the ground, which was the color of sand....There were heaps of sand as some construction work was going on...and on it were three little kids trying to pluck berries from a tree with the help of pebbles...

I kept staring at the three of them...There was this little girl who was about 5 years of age and two kids, a little boy of about 4, and a little girl of about 3...The girl of five was throwing pebbles at the branches and the other two were collecting the berries from the ground ...then she distributed all the berries equally among themselves...I wonder if they had anything else in their little minds other than collecting berries...

I kept staring...

Suddenly my childhood days flashed before my eyes...the days when I used to collect berries like these kids...the days when I used to make small temples in the sand and place a small pebble as the deity....the days when owing a bicycle was the biggest achievement ever...the days when breaking the leg of a barbie used to spoil the entire week...the days when having a 10 rupee note in your pocket was like being the richest person on earth...the days when sometimes all we wanted to do was to blow a bubble gum properly...the days of sheer carefreeness....the days.... so simple ...so pure...so beautiful....

I kept staring..........


1 comment:

  1. VIEW FROM MY WINDOW... my latest post ---> http://bit.ly/view_window

    Have a view from my perspective too :P

    ReplyDelete